As you consider your year-end gifts, there are many options that can benefit the children and families served by Baptist Children’s Homes. Here are a few:
1. HONOR/MEMORIAL GIFTS - What better gift to give someone than to honor them with a gift that will truly make a difference in the life of a child for years to come. BCH will notify the honoree with a card and acknowledge receipt of the gift to you.
2. CASH GIFTS - A gift of cash is an easy way to help BCH and secure a charitable deduction for 2016.
3. STOCK GIFTS - Gifts of appreciated stock may offer a better tax advantage than the gift of cash. Your investment into the life of a child through a gift of stock will be life-changing.
4. GIFTS THAT PROVIDE YOU INCOME - As you consider your year-end gifts, you may need to consider a gift that can produce income. If this option interests you, consider a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder unitrust. A charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder unitrust can provide you with increased income, a charitable deduction, and avoidance of capital gains tax if the gift is in the form of appreciated stock.
5. REAL ESTATE GIFTS - gift of real estate provides the three-fold advantage of allowing the donor to: experience the joy of giving, receive a tax deduction, and offer a major financial gift to BCH. In recent years, BCH has received a vacation home, a primary residence, and undeveloped land.
6. LIFE INSURANCE GIFTS - Do you own a life insurance policy that is no longer needed? It would be a perfect gift for BCH.
7. DONATE YOUR VEHICLE - Are you thinking about purchasing a new vehicle? Your old vehicle would be a great gift to BCH.
8. GIVE THROUGH AMAZONSMILE - Did you know you can help children in BCH's care through the Christmas and everyday shopping you are already planning to do? Thanks to a new program from Amazon called Amazon Smile, you can! And, you can still use your current Amazon account.
9. IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER - If you are 70½ or older an IRA Charitable Rollover will lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals and provide a wonderful investment in the life of a child.
This information is not intended as legal advice. Check with your accountant, tax advisor or attorney to see what the best strategy will be for your particular situation.
We thank you in advance for your investment in the life of a child. Your gift will have a lasting impact on the children and families we serve.
Thank you for offering the spirit of Christmas to “our” children 365 days a year! Remember every gift you give this year will be matched up to $250,000.
For details on any of these gift options that can benefit you and Baptist Children’s Homes, please call Brenda Gray at 336-689-4442.