BCH’s second-oldest campus marked its 100th anniversary on July 5 – 6, 2014. Kennedy Home in Kinston first opened on June 15, 1914. The Centennial Celebration was attended by residents and staff from both the past and the present as well as BCH trustees, community friends and dignitaries. Dubbed the “Star of the East” by BCH president Michael C. Blackwell, the Kennedy Home grounds overflowed with activity throughout a commemorative weekend of live music, free food, family games and worship. The event’s emotional highlight occurred during Sunday’s worship service when Blackwell delivered a dramatic 15-minute monologue in the persona and period clothing of Kennedy Home benefactor Captain William Lafayette Kennedy.
Learn more about Kennedy Home at www.kennedyhome.org.