Baptist Children’s Homes of North Carolina and North Carolina Baptist Men are partnering to establish The Good Shepherd’s Children’s Home in Xela, Guatemala. We will provide a safe and loving home for impoverished and abandoned children of the indigenous Quiché tribe. We need your help to share hope and change lives of Guatemalan children and families!... more
Tax Savings for Donors 70 1/2 and Up: Help a child through this special IRA opportunity
The Individual Retirement Account (IRA) Rollover is back for 2012 and 2013. This is an excellent opportunity to make an outright gift to Baptist Children?s Homes by using IRA funds without undesirable tax effects. Make this gift now while you are living and witness the benefits. Note: This information is not intended as legal, tax or investment advice. Call your tax adviser or BCH's Brenda Gray at 336-474-1230 for more info.
What you need to know:
- IRA owner must be over the age of 70 1/2
- Distributions must be from a traditional or Roth IRA
- IRA owner may contribute up to $100,000
- Gifts must be transferred directly to one or more charities
- Qualified distributions made by Feb. 1, 2013, may be counted retroactively for the 2012 tax year.
- A taxpayer who took a distribution from an IRA in December 2012, may make a contribution to a qualified charity before Feb. 1, 2013, and treat this as a direct transfer.
Click to read information from The Stelter Company's "How Will 2013 Taxes Affect You?"... more
Help a child for Christmas and make twice the impact! Through the $200,000 gift challenge, the amount of your financial gift is doubled. All financial donations will be matched dollar for dollar up to the $200,000 challenge total. All gifts must be received before January 31, 2012. Help immediately by making an online donation. You can also give the perfect Christmas gift by making your contribution in honor or memory of someone special. Click here to give online.... more
There is a MISSION FIELD all around us! 70% of Baptist Children's Homes' residents come to us unchurched. Because of Baptists, children are introduced to Christ's transforming love. Please give to the 2013 Annual Offering. Materials and video for this year's theme, "Blessed", are available for order. Click to learn more and to download slides, ads, posters and more.... more