Family Service Areas
- Western Area Family Services
- Lenoir Area Family Services
- Thomasville Area Family Services
- Kinston Area Family Services
- Pembroke Area Family Services
- Oak Ranch
Join Our Email List
Foster Hope in a Child
Become a foster family through Baptist Children’s Homes of North Carolina and make a difference in the lives of hurting children.
Baptist Children’s Homes is seeking families who are interested in providing a licensed foster home for children in need.
What is Foster Care?
Foster Care is a service providing substitute residential care for a child over a planned period when his/her family or legal custodian cannot provide care. A family foster home is a facility licensed for care and a place of residence for a family who receives as many as one, but no more than five children, for 24-hour care.
Who are foster children?
Foster children can be any child in North Carolina, ranging in age from infancy to 18 years old, who enters the foster care system. Each child has their own unique background, experiences, and specific needs. Many come from situations of abuse and neglect and do not possess a healthy self-esteem. Foster children need a family atmosphere, a place where they can belong. Most of all, they need to be loved and nurtured.
Who pays for the child’s care?
Baptist Children’s Homes provides financial support for a child’s room, board, supervision and other living expenses.
What are the requirements to be a licensed foster family?
- Applicants must be at-least 21 years old
- Complete 30 hours of pre-service training through BCH
- Applicants and family members must meet minimum physical and mental health requirements
- Applicants must complete an application and mutual home assesment
- Complete a criminal background check
- Have stable income and a home in a wholesome community within 50-miles of a BCH facility
I’m interested, but I need to know more.
Baptist Children’s Homes is happy to answer all questions and help provide you all the information you need about becoming a foster family.
To speak with a Baptist Children’s Homes foster care representative, please call 1-800-476-3669 or fill out the email form below.
(* = required)